At The Handyman London (we The Handyman London, herein referred to as The Company), we value your privacy. Our commitment is to respect and protect the privacy of our clients – both users of our website and any other type of service we provide and with which you have decided to abide by (herein referred to as The Customer).
- Information that we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you: Information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, age, username and other registration information and credit card information, personal description, details of your household or business, details of any pets you may have and any information about you or your property revealed in photographs and/or video and/or audio recordings of you or your property and any persons or objects therewith which you provide to us or which the service provider takes or records before, during and/or after the provision of the services in accordance with the terms and conditions of the services and any other information that you choose to provide voluntarily, when you:
- submit a booking enquiry through our websites;
- make a booking/order through our website and during the service itself;
- complete contact or enquiry forms on, or otherwise provide information via, our website;
- subscribe to receive any newsletter we may offer from time to time;
- send feedback to us via our website;
- correspond with us by telephone, post or email or via the instant chat function on our website;
- report a problem with any of our Services.
- Please note that this data does not identify any individual;
1.1 How we may use your information:
We use the information that you give us:
- to manage your booking or respond to booking enquiry and to arrange the performance of services;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to communicate with you about any comments, complaints, queries or feedback you might have about us or the Services;
- to notify you about any changes to our Terms or our Services, to communicate any information about your booking with you to ensure that content on our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you;
We use the information about you that we collect automatically:
- to improve our website and services, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and device;
- to monitor and improve the security, quality and efficiency of our products and services;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on the website and when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you and to otherwise manage our relationship with our clients.
General Terms and Conditions
- 1 For the purposes of these terms and conditions (“Ts & Cs”), “Customer” shall mean the Customer whose name and details appear in the Agreement to which these terms are a Schedule and “Contractor” shall mean The Handyman London (“The Company”) with whom the Customer contracts upon the following terms and conditions in respect of the services to be provided. “Services” shall mean the work carried out by The Handyman London and its appointed representatives and employees.
- 2 All estimates and quotations given by The Company, all orders and instructions given by the Customer, and all work authorisations, are governed by these terms. They supersede any other terms appearing elsewhere and override and exclude any other terms stipulated or incorporated or referred to by the Customer, whether in the order or instructions or in any negotiations or in any course of dealing established between the Company and the Customer.
- General Conditions
2.1 The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the designated operative of Company at its absolute discretion.
2.2 If any provision set out in these Terms and Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions and the remainder of the provisions held invalid shall not be affected.
2.3 These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
III Charges and Rates
3.1 The total charge to the Customer shall consist of the cost of materials supplied by the Company in addition to the amount of time spent by the operative in carrying out works both onsite and offsite (including all reasonable time spent in obtaining unstocked materials) charged in accordance with the Company’s rates.
3.2 At the time of booking, our schedulers will estimate to the best of their ability and based on the information provided by the Customer the likely duration and scope of the work to be carried out.
3.3 The on-site operative will reassess the scope of work on arrival and on-going through the work and, if further time is likely to be required, will inform The Customer as soon as possible of any changes and the reasons for them.
3.4 Congestion Charge and Parking costs will be given to the Customer.
3.5 Time required to source materials for a job (1 hour) will be charged at a rate of £37
3.6 Cost of the materials provided by us (The Company) will be added to the final service
3.7 Unless otherwise specified by The Company in the relevant estimate, an estimate is not a firm or fixed price quotation. It is an estimate of the likely minimum cost of the Works, based on the information made available to The Company by The Customer.
4.1 By definition, it is impossible to predict correctly how long it will take to find and solve an unknown problem.
4.2 Unless otherwise information is provided to The Company by The Cutomer, The Company will advise an initial visit to start investigating the problem. If the problem is not found in this initial visit, the technician will outline what investigation has taken place and what the next steps will be. This initial visit is fully chargeable on the basis that work and expertise have been brought to bear on the issue and that progress has been made towards the solution through the ruling out of certain possibilities. The Company may then advise a further booking to continue the investigation.
5.1 The minimum rate for work is 1 hour: £50
5.2 Every other half hour work is charged: £ 25
5.3 Half- day rates during weekdays (MON-FRI): 4 hours work: £ 190
5.4 Full day rates during weekdays (MON-FRI): 8 hours work: £ 362
5.5. If the designated time for work takes longer than the half or full-day rates (i.e. 4 or 8 hours work) an additional charge is going to be added corresponding to the half-hour rate e.g. £ 25 for every subsequent half hour workload which is going to be carried out by the technician.
6.1 Payments by The Customer to The Company shall be made:
– By Bank transfer
– Cash Payment onsite
6.2. Payments for the services carried out have to be made after the service has been carried out by our tradesmen.
6.3 Payment based on an issued invoice has to be completed by The Customer
VII. Cancelation Policy
7.1 Any cancelation received 24 hours prior to the start of the service is going to result in a cancelation fee equal to the rate given for the first hour of work, i.e. £ 50 at the Company`s discretion
7.2. Any cancelation received before the start of the 24- hour time frame is FOC
7.3 All cancellation penalties will also include the cost of any materials purchased for the purpose of the proposed work if that work is not subsequently rescheduled and the materials used therein.
7.4. The cancellation conditions shall apply irrespective of the Works having been booked by the Customer or by someone acting on the Customers behalf e.g. tenant.
8.1 The Customer shall be liable for:
8.1.2 Any loss, damage or injury, whether direct or indirect or consequential, resulting from failure or delay in the performance of the Customer’s obligations under these terms
8.1.3 Providing all necessary power and a clean water supply for The Company’s use in the execution of the contracted works
8.2 The Customer must let The Company know of any dangerous gases, liquids or other materials or of anything which the Customer believes may present a hazard or danger to any person who is due to carry out the Works before such work is started.
8.3. Where the date and/or time for work to be carried out is agreed, we will use reasonable endeavor to ensure that the tradesperson attends accordingly. We accept no liability in respect of the non-attendance or late-attendance on site of the tradesperson, or for the late or non-delivery of materials.